There are four elements and principles present in Bagong taon:
Technically, there are 3 people riding on a bike. It represents movement.
The lance and circles complement each other instead of outdoing.
On contrary to Balance, the contrast is aimed at the colors used. The strikes of yellow against neutral colors like grey.
The painting and all the elements involved move in the same sense and motion. They don’t defy each other, instead, they move in the same motion.
Maaaring Ikaw at ang nagsasalita ay Iisa. maaari ring kinakausap mo ang iyong sarili. O kaya naman ay ampon ka at may isang tunay na anak ang iyong ina.
Animate is a verb which means to bring to life or make a movie or character look like it is moving by using animation techniques.
Animation is a noun which means the state or condition of being full of life or a technique of drawing successive images in different positions to create an illusion of movement.
The 12 qualities of animation are timing, slow in and slow out, arcs, follow through and overlapping, secondary action, squash and stretch, exaggeration, straight ahead and pose to pose, anticipation, staging, personality, and appeal.
1. Timing. This is the most important thing. The animator should be able to know and judge the right timing for every movement. Timing can make your animated character look sad, heavy, light, happy, etc.
2. Slow In and Slow out. This is when the objects starts moving then gradually stops.
3. Arcs. The movement naturally goes arcs and not suddenly straight. For example, the character moves its arms to reach something, it moves in arcs not in sudden straight because it has joints.
4. Follow Through and Overlapping. The movements follows and overlaps.
5. Secondary Action. It is not the main movement but just a small action. For example, while waiting for a bus, you scratch your head.
6. Squash and stretch. Stretching movement of the character.
7. Exaggeration. The heart of animation. This is like an eye catching movement.
8. Straight Ahead and Pose to pose. This is for 2D animation. It is considered pose to pose style.
9. Anticipation. A movement that will make the viewer aware of what will happen next. It is an act preceding another scene. This is common in Horror films because it creates tense.
10. Staging. This is visually related. For example, a "magician pose" who always stand and makes some gestures.
11. Personality. This means behavior or habits of a certain character in the story. The characters have different personalities.
12. Appeal. This is related to "feeling". For example a robot walking in a cocky style.
To learn about the definition of animate or animation, please refer to the link: