Reforestation is the activity among these four options that does not contribute to global warming. It is the act of planting more trees and restoring the forest and woodlands. It mitigates global warming by enhancing biological process thru reduction carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that affects global warming. Trees breath in carbon dioxide and release oxygen.Further explanation
Global warming is the increase of average temperature of Earth's climate system. The most common cause of it is the rise of greenhouse gases emission by human. Illegal fishing, mining activities and incineration of garbage are some of the activities that aggravate global warming.Illegal fishing - it leads to over-fishing which makes marine ecosystem to be seriously imbalance. With this, the food chain will greatly be affected and coral health will be compromised. With the increasing number of illegal fisher, it also increase the number of risk of ocean pollution thru oil and chemical spill.Mining activities - methane and nitrous oxide are also one of the greenhouse gases that causes global warming aside from carbon dioxide. By digging soil to get valuable materials such as coal, gas, oil and many more, the methane which is normally underneath the earth will then be released.Incineration of garbage - burning of garbage will emit carbon dioxide. It can remain in the atmosphere for centuries. Greenhouse gases can deplete ozone layer which is earth's primary protection to sun ray. With thinner ozone layer, earth's temperature will rise on long-term.
Human needs to ensure the healthy environment of future. To prevent global warming, we should to do some of these activities at the very least. Conserve energy, reduce any type of pollution, plant more trees, convert to renewable energy, conserve water, recycle materials.Learn moreWhat is global warming: What is "Greenhouse Gases" ?:
B. Illegal fishing
Explanation: Illegal fishing does not contribute to Global Warming because this activity only destroys the ocean and the ocean is faraway from the Green Houses Gases, maybe there is a connection but it's too far away.
Global warming is a phenomenon of climate change characterized by a general increase in average temperatures of the Earth, which modifies the weather balances and ecosystems for a long time. Here are the ways to reduce global warming:
1. Change a light - Replacing one regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb will save 150 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.
2. Drive less - Walk, bike, carpool or take mass transit more often. You'll save one pound of carbon dioxide for every mile you don't drive!
3. Recycle more - You can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide per year by recycling just half of your household waste.
4. Check your tires - Keeping your tires inflated properly can improve your gas mileage by more than 3 percent. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere.
5. Use less hot water - It takes a lot of energy to heat water. Use less hot water by taking shorter and cooler showers and washing your clothes in cold or warm instead of hot water (more than 500 pounds of carbon dioxide saved per year).
6. Avoid products with a lot of packaging - You can save 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide if you reduce your garbage by 10 percent.
7. Adjust your thermostat - Moving your thermostat down just 2 degrees in winter and up 2 degrees in summer could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.
8. Plant a tree - A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.
9. Turn off electronic devices - Simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo, and computer, when you're not using them, will save you thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide a year.
The correct answer is letter A. reforestation. Reforestation is an act of replanting trees to the forest areas that have been destroyed by natural disasters and damaged by humans due to their own benefits. Reforestation plays a major role to save and maintain the balance of the ecosystem which means It can contribute to lessen the effect of global warming.
What is an ecosystem? Click the link:Effects of global warming
Many human activities are changing the natural atmosphere. The industrial activities in this modern fast changing world have raised the level of use of carbon dioxide which act as a major effect of global warming. Below, I list some of the effects of global warming.The ice and glaziers worldwide is melting. This means that the sea level is fast rising. Therefore the habitat of the wildlife are affected. Let’s take for example the Penguin in Antarctica. Study shows that their population raise down to 90%. Summer temperature will continue to rise. Therefore more drought and heat waves will occur. The intensity and frequency of hurricanes will become more intense. Therefore flood will become a mass problem and diseases accompanying these events. Shortages to food supplies. Global warming can seriously affect the disruptions of food supplies. Animals and plants are affected by the rising temperature that cause no enough supply for the fast growing population. Our health is at risk. Humans are directly and indirectly exposed to global warming. Study shows that frequent extreme storm were responsible for the diarrhea, malaria and dengue fever that causes death. Do something
What can we contribute to lessen the effect of global warming? All of us are responsible to take good care to our mother earth. To make this earth a better place to live, It always starts first with ourselves. I list down some little things but surely have a big positive impact on us.Use a bicycle or just walk if you will go to not so far away. Because less driving or using public transportation will lessen the amount of fuel and pollution in the air. Unplug the appliances after turning off. All electronic devices are still consuming energy after switching off if not unplugged. Energy produced by the power plants emit carbon dioxide which contributes to global warming. Use an LED bulb. LED light bulb are 80% less energy and can live longer than the non-LED bulbs. Reduce the amount of water you use. Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth, re-use the water for watering the plants, and report the water leakage. Sharing is caring. If you are aware of the effect of global warming, you are more likely concern on what you can do to lessen it. Now that you have learned some of what you can contribute, it drives you to share it with others.
For more information about Global Warming, refer the link below
Other consequences of global warming:
What is global warming? Click the link:
cause b didn't affect the o zone layer
and c didn't affect the o zone layer too